IT Consultant - London ( Canary Wharf)
Pay Rate to Umbrella: £MarketRate
Security Clearance: DBS
CV Deadline: Friday 18 March 2022
Interview Process: TBC
Latest start date: Saturday 1 April 2023
Contract Length: TBC
Location: London - The work will necessitate site visits to 3 schools. Regular meetings with project management team and procurement via MS Teams.
Summary of the work
London Borough of Tower Hamlets require an IT consultant with technical and management skills to support the delivery of IT for this new School.
Who the specialist will work with
Council's schools project manager
What the specialist will work on
- The IT consultant will liaise with the Main Contractor’s IT specialist.
- Identify and specify the IT requirement for the schools
- Assist the Trust / School in the development of specification for IT supplies
- Project Manage the installation of the IT after tender process.
- Monitor delivery and installation timelines and report to LBTH
- Advise LBTH and Mulberry Trust on technical issues on the IT acquisition and installation
- Organise training for the School’s Staff
- Monitor defects and organise rapid response to replace or repair items in question
- Provide support for the school during warranty period
Essential skills and experience
- Experience specifying IT for schools Essential
- Experience of project management of new installation
- Understanding of school IT requirements
Cultural fit criteria
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members