We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us build and maintain scalable and resilient pipelines that will ingest, process, and deliver the data needed for predictive and descriptive analytics. These data pipelines will further connect to machine learning pipelines to facilitate automatic retraining of our models.
We are a diverse group of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, machine learning engineers from over 30 different countries. We are smart and fast moving, operating in small teams, with freedom for independent work and fast decision making.
To empower scientists and radically improve how science is published, evaluated and disseminated to researchers, innovators and the public, we have built our own state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence Review Assistant (AIRA), backed by cutting-edge machine learning algorithms.
- Work in a team of machine learning engineers responsible for the productization of prototypes developed by data scientists.
- Collaborate with data scientists, machine learning engineers, and other data engineers to design scalable, reliable, and maintainable ETL processes that ensure data scientists and automated ML processes have the necessary data available
- Research and adopt the best DataOps & MLOps standards to design and develop scalable end-to-end data pipelines.
- Identify opportunities for data process automation.
- Establish and enforce best practices (e.g. in development, quality assurance, optimization, release, and monitoring).
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with a Cloud Platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with a workflow engine (e.g. Data Factory, Airflow)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) databases
- Experience with Hadoop & Spark
- Great communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Nice To Have
- Understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Stream-processing frameworks (e.g. Kafka)
- Competitive salary.
- Participation in Frontiers annual bonus scheme
- 25 leave days + 4 well-being days (pro rata and expiring each year on 31st of December)
- Great work-life balance.
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability and we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.