Data Scientist - Central London
Data Scientist with experience in machine learning, SQL, Python / R experience is required by a leading research company in Central London.
As the Data Scientist, you will design and implement algorithms for research evaluation. You will lead this project in collaboration with a mix of teams including product and technology teams to build, develop and deploy new data pipelines and research evaluation models.
Any experience of Machine Learning would be a big advantage as this is an area that they want to move into, so something that will be huge for them in the coming years
Experience ideally required:
- Either a PhD or MSc in a quantitative research field with at least 1 year of experience in a professional data-science position or 3+ years of experience in a Data Science position
- Strong programming skills as evidenced by earlier work in data science or software engineering, including experience with standard libraries for data science (NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Keras or equivalents)
- Extensive experience of completing complex data analysis and create proposals / provide recommendations on the back of analysis proficiency in data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Solid knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing and ability to develop new algorithms.
- Be an advocate of the advantages of using machine learning to increase efficiency in the data moving forward
- Ideally some proven predictive modelling, forecasting or analytical experience with strong SQL, Python & R skills
If you have the following it would be a bonus
- Prior research experience in Data Science or biomedical/medical research (PhD or Postdoc) as evidenced by academic publications or conference talks
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
Data Scientist Responsibilities:
- Design and implement algorithms for research evaluation. You will lead this project in collaboration with a mix of teams including product and technology teams to build, develop and deploy new data pipelines and research evaluation models.
- Work with the editorial team to identify opportunities to leverage our proprietary recommendation data and the expertise to create research evaluation models.
- Collaborate with the Product team to develop products based on new data pipelines and models
- Create data visualizations in collaboration with their technology teams
- Champion data quality and integrity, highlighting data quality issues and suggesting appropriate solutions.
- Share knowledge and experience, and analytical/modelling best practices as well as mentoring and development of team member skills
My client is looking to pay a salary of between £50,000 - £60,000. They offer some great benefits, including a 35 hour week and flexible work, i.e. working from home. To apply press apply now or send your CV to or contact me on LinkedIn
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.