Job Profile Summary About the role :
We are seeking an exceptional individual with a focus on business, customer solutions and user experience for the T&S I&E Price Management team.
As part of the Innovation & Engineering (I&E) team that supports the Trading & Shipping entity (T&S) within bp, you will undertake the development, support, and on-going maintenance of application systems, both packaged and bespoke. The T&S I&E strategy is to create a world-class digital & communications technology organisation and capability that will propel bp differentiation from its competitors.
You will design and develop applications that meet the business needs while keeping in line with the broader I&E strategy of the group for the next generation of price management. Solutions will provide innovative and intuitive software by automating manual activity and/or provide a differentiated user experience.
Critical to role success will be possession of technical aptitude to communicate with globally distributed team of architects, developers, support engineers and business users to understand, shape and deliver solutions.
As part of the team, you will deliver, and support solutions used globally in Singapore, London, Houston, and Chicago.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
• Strong experience in solution design and implementation using the following software development languages; Java, C/C++, C#, JEE, Spring Boot, Python, Perl, Shell scripting, REST API.Commodities trade lifecycle and energy trading knowledge.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and testing skills.
• Effective and clear communicator, ability to lead and work well with the team, high self-motivation and strong delivery focus.
• Experience with full end-to-end project development lifecycle and change / release management to operations.
• Demonstrable experience in an Agile working environment, with strong knowledge of Agile methodology (SCRUM) and continuous delivery. (formal qualification not essential).
• Working knowledge of a continuous integration and delivery pipeline tools such as Jenkins/Ansible/Azure DevOps.
• Experience of running applications in Unix/Linux environments.
• Experience with database design, data modelling and analysis in Oracle/PostgreSQL with strong RDMS database query skills.
• Working knowledge of cloud computing platforms and microservices/serverless architecture in AWS or Azure.
• Good knowledge in architecture and design of applications running in RedHat OpenShift container platform.
• Solid understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded program design.
• Embraces a culture of change and agility.
• Effective team player who looks beyond own area / organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others and works across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
• Applies judgment and common sense - uses insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient, and pragmatic decisions and solutions, responding to situations as they arise.
• Strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures.
• Very strong user interface / user experience design skills, including UI/X design principles, human-computer interaction paradigms, usability guidelines, layout, navigation, and design
Bachelor's Degree, or comparable qualification, in one of the following areas: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information System
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at out company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race , religion, color , national origin , gender , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Flexible working options will be considered.
Entity Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group IT&S Group
Relocation available No
Travel required No
Country United Kingdom
About BP INNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive