Evalan is looking for an experienced Back-End Developer from the UK who knows the fundamentals of PHP and is able to work with existing modules and frameworks and is interested in relocating to Amsterdam, Netherlands. On a daily basis, you will be maintaining existing and actively developing new back-end applications we create for our innovative projects which provide cutting-edge IoT solutions for a diverse range of industries.
You will join an agile multidisciplinary team which involves collaboration with back-end and front-end developers, as well as Product Owners, Project Managers, and our Design Team.
- Design and develop secure, high-availability, scalable applications
- Write, test, maintain, and troubleshoot source code using standardized processes and development guidelines
- Provide time estimates for assigned development tasks
- Profile and tune database designs for performance and scalability
- Assist in code reviews
- Research and learn new technologies
- Play a direct role in maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of company-used technologies and code
- Participate in the ongoing development of technical best practices
- Write documentation for internal use
- Experience with Back-End Development – PHP (2 years minimum)
- Experience using or building (RESTful) APIs
- Ability to communicate with designers and stakeholders alike, and explain in plain English why things should, could, or cannot be done
- A real passion for the best design and coding practices and a strong desire to develop bold new ideas
- A user-centric mindset – you have good knowledge of UX best practices
- HBO or WO
- Based in the Amsterdam area, or be able and willing to commute daily
- In possession of a strong analytical background
This role requires someone who is passionate and who is willing to put their skills into practice. The ideal candidate has the mindset to work independently but also collaboratively with the team through varying, challenging and interesting projects.
- Working with a leader in IoT innovations
- A good benefits package with competitive salary
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic company with an open and informal work atmosphere
- Be part of a fast growing, motivated, international team from over 12 nationalities
- Participation in a pension program
- Hybrid work arrangements based on your own preference
- 24 to 36 vacation days depending on your own preference
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks
- For international applicants that qualify – we manage your work visa and your application for 30% tax free income (subject to approval by the Dutch Tax Authorities)
We offer our employees opportunities for professional development, through assignments that enable the acquiring of new knowledge and skills, and the ability to participate in a personalized program of courses.