Our client is looking for a 2nd Line IT Support analyst on a Permanent basis paying between £24k - 26k pa + 2k on call allowance.
You will be responsible for providing remote and on-site IT support for users located at the clients offices and remote bases during normal business hours and out-of-hours through the on-call rota.
You will play a part in the maintenance and support of the IT & Telecommunications environments, proactive monitoring of systems and assist with new projects and implementations.
- Provide comprehensive support and training to staff using the IT systems including Workstation based applications and Cisco Telephony across the company, including working with third party support organisations to ensure timely fixes are achieved and that service standards maintained
- Monitor and resolve 2nd/3rd line Service Desk calls in accordance with defined SLA's
- Provide expert advice to 1st/2nd line support staff at all locations
- Qualified to diploma level in the field of Information Technology or equivalent education and experience combined
- Microsoft or IBM Certified Professional
- Knowledge of networking and network protocols for basic connectivity testing
- Knowledge of Information Governance and Security and confidentiality issues
- An understanding of the work undertaken by standards bodies such as BSI, CEN, ISO and W3C
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of ITIL practices and procedures
- Familiarity with web-based data management
- A good understanding of computers including hardware, networking and Microsoft software environments
- Customer service driven
- High levels of self-confidence, self-knowledge and awareness
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website