Hybrid working - 12 month FTC
Our client who are a household name in the North West are looking for a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will be responsible for the support of the group's network infrastructure to ensure it meets with the Group's strategic objectives and compliance requirements. If successful, you will also assist the Cloud Network Architect with the planned migration to the Cloud (Azure).
- Working closely with key stakeholders, including Information Security, to deliver and maintain a secure, compliant on premise solution. Operating as a technical specialist who oversees the resolution of 3rd line tickets.
- Managing and maintaining network security appliances (Cisco ASA/Firepower, VPN (including VPN AnyConnect Client), Cisco ISE, RSA, Checkpoint Endpoint and Checkpoint NGFW.
- Managing and maintaining Symantec Secure Web Proxy (WSS), including 3rd line support.
- Performing Checkpoint Firewall configuration for Azure Migration Projects.
- Managing and maintaining the Cisco Meraki Wireless solution.
- Creating and updating networking documentation such as Visio diagrams.
- Network monitoring: developing monitoring routines, performing or overseeing routine checks, escalating and agreeing remedial activity required. Overseeing or performing the completion of remedial activities.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop, and demonstrate, a good understanding of business needs as relates to infrastructure and networks.
- Horizon scanning. Maintaining knowledge of good and leading practice and emerging trends, in infrastructure and networks.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement. Leading on, or contributing to, the delivery of specific improvements as agreed with Run' management.
- Capturing and managing knowledge relating to area of responsibility, ensuring that policies, processes and procedures are documented and kept up to date.
- You have a strong understanding of networking, infrastructure and security (CCNA highly desirable or working towards accreditation)
- You have In-depth networking experience (LAN/WAN/SWITCHING/WIFI), Information Security eg Firewalls, Cisco ASA/Firepower and Checkpoint, Cisco ISE
- You have an understanding of Cloud technologies (preferably Azure)
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website