Lynx Recruitment are working with a well-established business who provide nationwide expert business IT solutions, consultation, training and support. They specialise in virtualisation and cloud, workspace transformation, wired and wireless networking and Microsoft technologies as well as application training.
Our client is now looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to join the business and you will act as a technical evangelist for the technologies you represent and as a brand ambassador for our client. The role will require you to have an in-depth technical understanding of specific technologies within your specialist pillar as well demonstrate a high-level understanding regarding the technologies that our client represent.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Customer Meetings and Solution Design
- To manage customer relationships and develop key accounts, from a technical perspective.
- To attend customer meetings with a member of the sales to gain an understanding of customer needs and expectations.
- To deliver presentations and/or lead discussions to agree technologies solutions which our client or our partners can deliver.
- To prepare well considered and accurate design documents for the customer (with support and guidance from the appropriate member of the sales team), ensuring that any assumptions and design limitations are appropriately recorded.
- Following order receipt notification from our CRM system, you will check your design and hand over to the Project Manager within a 48-hour time frame, liaising with the sales team and the project manager
Skills and Experience
- Attention to detail
- Cost and efficiency focused
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Approaches tasks with enthusiasm, adaptability and energy
Virtualisation and Networking Specialist
- Server Virtualisation - VMware vSphere and Hyper-V
- Dell Storage - Compellent, MD/ME and PowerStore
- Hyperconverged solutions - VxRail/Azure Stack HCI/VMware vSAN
- Wired Networking - Dell and/or Cisco switching to CCNA level
- Data protection - Veeam Backup and Replication, Zerto, RecoverPoint, VMware Site Recover Manager Knowledge of DRaaS and IaaS platforms