An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our client who are looking to grow their team.
Predominantly used for the fabrication, production and assembly of offshore wind farms, the production facility is based in the North East of England, near the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne.
In recent years, our client has played their part in a number of notable renewable energy projects, from the Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm to the European Wind Deployment Centre.
There has never been a better time to join our growing clients’ team. They truly believe that people are their biggest asset and as such, encourage and invest in lifelong learning for their employees. This role offers the chance to work on ambitious projects within an ambitious group.
Salary offered: £26,000pa subject to experience; however, negotiable for the right candidate.
The responsibilities and requirements of the role include:
● Responsible for the correct operation and optimisation of the network and server infrastructure of our client.
● Configure and monitors back-ups
● Ordering IT material
● Daily support for users
● Supporting IT colleagues from other sites
● Participation in IT projects of the client group
● Extensive knowledge of networks, TCP/IP, routings, VLANs, Fortinet
● Extensive knowledge of Windows server systems, Active Directory, DFS, DNS, Group Policies
● Extensive knowledge of Veeam Back-up and Replication
● Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2016
● Extensive knowledge of VMWare, vSphere, and server and storage systems (Dell)
● (Extensive) knowledge of SCCM is an advantage
Autonomy and complexity
● Inventive approach to problem analysis and looking for solutions.
● Priority of tasks are often influenced by network and users, but there is a constant balancing of individual and collective interest.
● Reports to the group’s ICT Infrastructure Manager.
● Willingness to work outside office hours occasionally.
If you are an experienced IT Support Engineer looking for your next contract, please apply now!