This employer is an award-winning technology services company based in Bedford. They have been going since 2006 with an established growth record, fantastic clients and an excellent working environment. Committed to delivering high touch IT support, their aim is to provide the highest levels of service coupled with a great working environment.
You will be a network support analyst working on client infrastructure. You will provide support and technical expertise for the routing, switching, firewalls and security of networks. You will work alongside the service desk team. To maintain a high degree of customer service ensuring responses are accurate. As an initial point of escalation for our 1st line and 2nd line teams, you will be required to take network issues, fully understand the problem and resolve within agreed SLAs.
The work will be both remote and onsite at client's premises.
Overall responsibly for the progression and effective resolution of all support cases received in accordance with SLA's and KPI's. Taking ownership of issues and ensuring the customers' expectations and both set, met and exceeded.
Ideally you will have worked in a professional services business. Experience with network management and monitoring tools are desirable. CCNA minimum requirement, CCNP preferable.
Technical Skills Required:
- Cisco based data networks
- Cisco switches
- Cisco Meraki
- Routing & Switching
- Firewalls & Security
- LAN & WAN
- Network monitoring and performance
- Understanding of networking and troubleshooting
- Detailed understanding of IP addressing, subnets, DNS and what makes up an IT network
- Diagnosing internet connection issues
- Diagnosing Wi-Fi issues
- Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
You will be an experienced network engineer with several year's commercial experience. Excellent knowledge of Cisco networks and firewalls security
They expect you to:
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a flexible working attitude
- To be reliable and honest
- Produce and keep up to date documentation on client's systems
- Floor walk and assist the service desk teams
- Produce weekly playbooks and report to senior management team
- Be proactive
- 28 Days annual leave plus 1 day, 2 weeks either side of your Birthday
- Great working environment with friendly team
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee share ownership scheme - Rewarding long standing employees
- Receive up to 10 days of relevant training per year
- High performance computers for all employees
- Work in a modern environment, they have break out areas, projector walls, Xbox for those quiet times and plenty of off street parking
Joining them on a technical role, expect a warm welcome, and to be treated fairly and professionally with top-up training to help you meet your own goals.