Role: Director, Sales (Data Business)
Reporting to: VP Sales (EMEA)
Salary Range: £125k - £140k + Commission
Application Closing Date: 27th March
At Pivotal (www.pivotal.io), you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, and build technologies that have real impact to business, people and the world.
Pivotal is seeking a world-class big-data salesperson with experience selling data products and/or professional services into the top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs. As an Data Account Executive at Pivotal your objective will be to manage, develop and grow existing and prospective client relationships within the DACH+NL region.
Pivotal is seeking a Director with >10 Years experience selling Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Hadoop solutions to top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs.
Specifically, in this key role the successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- Deliver business growth and sales of Pivotal Data product to achieve and exceed budgeted targets
- Forecast bookings on a weekly cadence exhibiting accururacy and high degree of predictability
- Develop strategies for driving consumption and subscription renewals of Pivotal Data products for existing customers, and execute
- Build excellent client relationships offering value added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- Work with existing and new customers to expand account penetration
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency development across the Pivotal data teams
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
- Be a strong Ambassador for Pivotal across the wider Dell Technologies group of companies (EMC, VMWware, Virtustream, RSA, ) and where possible collaborate with group-wide peers to position joint offerings where possible.
- Maximize the Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Hadoop solution opportunity while providing value added solutions to the customer
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy to prospect new business, prepare offers and negotiate contracts for Pivotal.
- Extensive Travel across EMEA is a prerequisite.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least 10 years experience in Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Hadoop solutions
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Advanced knowledge around Big Data Analytics Platform, In Memory Technology
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through new customer base and strong understanding of how to grow under-developed/penetrated patch
- Ability to sell the Pivotal vision to the customer and identify new services that can generate new revenue.
- Ability to build, develop and work with a partner ecosystem
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a start up environment
- Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, resilient with high commitment
- Goal-oriented with ability to work autonomously
- High energy, results oriented, collaboratives work style with ‘can-do, will do attitude’
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law