Medequip currently has an opportunity for an individual to fill the role of Business Systems Engineer. In this position, the successful applicant will be working closely with Business Systems Manager to take ownership of Medequip core business systems, which are Medequip’s bespoke (Medequip One and Medequip Way). This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an established organisation that has experienced significant growth recently, giving passionate IT professional the wide variety of projects.
Business Systems Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver IT solutions that provide a competitive advantage to support the growth of the business
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of technology/business processes through identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing changes
- Conduct market research to outline new system solutions that will improve current and future business capability Providing BI analysis
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Plan and oversee the release of upgrades and enhancements to Medequip systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Maintain and develop relationships with external partners
- Develop excellent working relationships with all departments within the business
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be flexible to carry out any other reasonable task as requested within IT team
Essential Attributes and Experience:
- 3 years of experience of working in a similar role with logistics/warehouse systems
- Understanding of SQL Databases (SQL Management Studio, SQL queries)
- Understanding project and data management
- Desired skills in development: Office365 suite (PowerApps, PowerAutomate), SSRS, PowerBI
- Software design, software documentation, software development process
- Understanding business requirements and ability to convert into technical requirements
- Proven abilities to take the initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Promoting Process Improvement
- An analytical mindset with an ability to manage risks and issues through requirements elicitation and management
- Able to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure.
- Good research skills
- Good organisational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field