As a ServiceNow Developer you will be the expert in your field with an in-depth knowledge of the ServiceNow platform. From the technology, development, integration, and modules to designing, developing and implementing test modules, you’ll deliver on budget and quality and within timelines. Working a combined pattern of remote/home working and from our collaborative offices in Birmingham, you will be part of our award-winning IT department, working within our Application Support team. Should this role interest you from a remote working perspective only, please state this within your application.
Join us at Mitchells & Butlers, the heart of hospitality. With over 1,600 sites we’re the home of some of the nation’s favourite restaurants, bustling bars, cosy country pubs and the local you didn’t know we owned. It’s been a tough year, but we’re not letting that stop us! Our investment programme is already underway, and we have been working in the background to make sure we come back stronger than ever. If you’re as passionate about hospitality as we are, we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for me?
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands, so whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery we’ve got you covered.
- Private medical plan- to help keep you safe and secure
- Buy up to an extra 2 weeks holiday – life is for living after all! #
- Charity is important to us. From the companies charities to the ones closest to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
On top of all this, we offer; a pension, 26 days paid holiday, 33% Employee Discount, high-street shopping discounts, an online wellbeing hub; and we even give you free shares!
What will I be doing?
- Owning and managing all development of the ServiceNow platform across the business to drive automation, efficiency, and self-service
- Owning and delivering the design, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring of ServiceNow
- Act as Product Owner for ServiceNow owning the requirements capture, backlog refinement, and sprint planning following an Agile delivery method
- Driving business requirements and playing an active role with stakeholders, understanding business context and how to translate functional and technical requirements into a sustainable ServiceNow solution
- Owning the development pipeline and release cycle for all developments and upgrades leading multiple streams of technical design and delivery
- Collaborating and developing strong relationships with Product Owners, Support and Design teams to maintain roadmaps and keep our software and applications updated, optimised and fit for purpose
- Performing and documenting routine system configuration tasks to maintain service, including Access Controls, Systems Maintenance plans and all other associated IT system administration
- Owning and tracking the delivery of software updates, patches, and service improvements, liaising with the Change Manager as required
- Creating and maintaining all relevant documentation relating the product(s), requirements, and development pipeline, supporting and cross training others within the support team
What do I need?
Just like our brands, our teams are diverse. You’ll be or have...
- 5 or more years with hands on ServiceNow development and configuration experience, ideally within a large organisation
- Highly solution focused
- Integration of ServiceNow with external tools using Web Services & REST APIs
- An in-depth knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform, from the technology, development, integration and modules, to design, develop, implement and test modules in line with agreed timelines, budget, costs, quality and development standards
- Agile Development DevOps experience
- Project Management Tools including or similar to JIRA and AHA
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
Lead Corporate Recruitment Manager
Mitchells & Butlers PLC
General-Other: IT-Software Development, Network and Server Administration, Software-Web Development, Systems Analysis - IT