ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to support our IT Operations team, this role would ideally suit someone who has around 6 – 12 months experience of working in a similar role, and is looking to join on organisation where the opportunities to progress are endless.
Please note that there will be times when you will be required to travel to other sites, so a valid UK driving licence is a must.
The location of this role is very fluid at the moment, and will probably sit between our Chatteris site and our Pharmaceutical site in Ely.
Basis: Permanent / Full Time
Shift: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:30
Salary : £19,000 - £24,000 - DOE
Reports to: IT Operations Manager, UK & Ireland
About the Position
The ALS IT Department in the United Kingdom is seeking an IT Support Technician to join our IT Operations team that strives to exceed client expectations by delivering superior support and results on time.
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by phone within the IT Helpdesk and great deskside/on-site support within the ALS Offices and Industrial sites.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Log and respond to incidents / service requests and effectively communicate resolutions
- Assist with delivery of a variety of IT projects
- Ensuring the security and privacy of networks & computer systems
- Organising & scheduling upgrades and maintenance
- Laptop / Desktop build, installation and support
- Setup & support equipment including laptops, desktop, phones & printer
- Support maintenance of server room equipment including back-up devices, switches, routers, server
- Travel to various locations as and when required for issues that cannot be resolved remotely
- Develop and maintain inventory of all computers, monitors, keyboards, hard drives and other components and equipment.
- Ordering components as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in the installation and support of PC hardware and software technologies, especially MS Office/O365 and Windows XP-7-8-10 and other commercial grade applications.
- Experience in the support of Windows Server 2008-2019, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Teams
- Managing and troubleshooting mobile computing fleet (Apple/Android devices)
- Helpdesk ticketing systems (ticket lifecycle, ITIL basics)
- Windows 2008-2019 server OS, Virtualization (Hyper-V and VMware)
- TCP/IP networking - basic principles and active troubleshooting
- Backup technologies (e.g. Veeam, Commvault, Veritas)
- 6 – 12 months of experience in operating and supporting Windows environment - both server and client
- Good communication skills and understanding of user needs
- Enthusiastic and strongly motivated
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Proven ability to prioritise and deliver to challenging deadlines
An excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop the career within an international company.