We have an exciting position available for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team based at our HQ in Southampton, however all our people, where they can, are currently working from home and we recognise the future need to be flexible; as such we are open to applications that can deliver work remotely where appropriate. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £53,754 - £63,240 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Senior Data Engineer:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), bank holidays, and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
Joining our Data Engineering team, our Senior Data Engineer will provide leadership and expertise in developing new techniques, tools and pipelines. You will transform and manipulate geospatial data into forms suitable for visualisation, analysis and further development with your Agile team.
Providing insight and experience to inform data-driven decision-making, your focus will be on building, maintaining and troubleshooting data processing systems to meet business requirements; with an emphasis on security, reliability, fault-tolerance, scalability, fidelity, and efficiency.
Researching and utilising cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies to automate and simplify processes, is all part of the role. You’ll be a key team member in one of our development teams, with the primary focus of your day-to-day activities being data manipulation and delivering data pipelines to aid development.
What we’re looking for in our ideal Senior Data Engineer:
- A degree-level qualification in a quantitative discipline or significant experience in a relevant field, such as statistical modelling or mathematics
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (or similar)
- Working knowledge of Databricks and Spark
- Relevant programming language(s) and databases
- Geospatial data processing and analysis techniques
- Influencing key business and technical stakeholders, with strong presentation and consultancy skills
- Providing technical coaching and mentoring
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer centric design and technology services.
If you would like to be part of this, click apply now to be considered as our Senior Data Engineer, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Sunday 28th February 2021