We have an exciting position available as a Senior Solution Architect to be based at our HQ in Southampton, however all our people, where they can are currently working from home and we recognise the future need to be flexible. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £60,690 - £71,400 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Senior Solution Architect:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), bank holidays, and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Senior Solution Architect who can provide architectural leadership across one or more business and/or technology domains. This role puts you right at the heart of what OS is about – a world-leading digital business with unparalleled expertise in the creation, management and exploitation of geospatial data, providing our customers with the solutions and services that give them the information and insight they need.
Key duties as our Senior Solution Architect will include:
- Setting technical direction within a business or technology domain, whilst working with stakeholders to define the system and/or technology roadmaps that realise that direction
- Ensuring programme / project architectures within your domain are aligned to organisational direction, technical strategy and roadmaps
- Leading, mentoring and directing a team of solution architects
- Building relationships with suppliers and delivery partners to ensure appropriate use of new and emerging technologies
- Representing the domain to internal and external stakeholders, providing consultancy as appropriate to ensure confidence in the IT solutions provided
What we’re looking for in our Senior Solution Architect:
- Experience of working as a Solution Architect within a complex business environment
- Accountability for the design and specification of system roadmaps and architectures, aligned to business strategy
- Collaborating with and influencing key business and technical stakeholders
- Providing leadership to technical teams (e.g. solution architects, software engineers, technical experts)
- Defining and delivering enterprise-level Geospatial solutions
- Delivering cloud-native digital services
Knowledge and experience in the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Certification in, or experience of, TOGAF or equivalent frameworks
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer centric design and technology services.
If you would like to be part of this, click apply now to be considered as our Senior Solution Architect, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Sunday 21st February