We have three positions available for highly motivated, technical and analytical individuals to join us as a Software Test Engineer based at our HQ in Southampton, however all our people, where they can are currently working from home and we recognise the future need to be flexible; as such we are open to full time remote working opportunities. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,414 - £40,698 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Software Test Engineer:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
As our Software Test Engineer, you will join our Technology and Design Team and work to develop the next generation systems that drive our world-leading geospatial and business applications.
Working within an agile team, you will be responsible for designing and driving out automated tests, in addition to executing manual test suites to ensure adequate and effective test coverage. You will provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria; whilst working in a test-first environment using cloud architecture.
Working closely with Software Engineers, you will deliver the test activities to meet the functional and non-functional requirements and ambitions of our stakeholders, whilst contributing to effective agile delivery. You will regularly participate in estimation activities and are encouraged to identify opportunities to maximise test benefits within the team.
What we’re looking for in our Software Test Engineer:
- Experience of tests around non-functional test activities using TDD/BDD
- The ability to design and write test harnesses in C#, Python or Scala
- Experience of agile methodologies and working closely with engineers, advising on engineering improvement
- Experience of automating tests in a test-first CI/CD environment such as Azure DevOps
- The ability to design the appropriate end to end test approach for complex backend systems
- Experience of testing in the could and knowledge of the Azure Portal (or similar)
- Qualified to Foundation Level in Software Testing ((or equivalent)
- Experience of allocating and prioritising own work when working on multiple tasks
- Experience of designing and implementing tests around functional test activities using TDD/BDD
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer-centric design and technology services.
If you would like to be part of this, click apply now to be considered as our Software Test Engineer, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Sunday 21st February 2021