An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our Trust IT Service. Our IT service is responsible for leading the installation, development and maintenance of the Trust networks and systems. This encompasses the hardware, software, applications and IT governance that enables the operation of our ambitious Trust. The Head of IT will provide leadership to the team, further developing the service and leading both the strategic and operational change required to deliver our strategic plan.
IT Services is part of the wider of our wider Operations Directorate which is responsible for:
- IT Services
- Health and Safety
- Major Projects
The growth of Archway Learning Trust presents an incredibly exciting time to join us and the role will act as a trusted business partner to leadership teams across the Trust. The successful candidate will be particularly adept at building strong relationships and communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders, both internally and externally at all levels. This will be enabled by an aptitude for working in a values-led organisation that balances the delivery of team objectives, with the navigation and fulfilment of diverse and complex operational needs. The Head of IT will oversee a dynamic service provision and grow the service through horizon scanning and external networking. The successful candidate will select key opportunities and priorities to implement and be able translate these into successful delivery and strong customer service.
Whilst based in the MAT’s head office there will be some working from home with visits to the Academies and sites when needed. Each of the Academies are currently geographically close to each other but with growth of the Trust further travel may be required in the future.
POST TITLE: Head of IT
GRADE: Grade 15, Points 49 - 54
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Director
- Alongside the Operations Director, develop and implement the Trust’s IT Strategy, ensuring that leadership receive a high quality and effective service to enable the Trust to achieve its current and future business objectives.
- To manage and direct all technology aspects of the Trust’s business, delivering a comprehensive and effective service across the organisation.
- To oversee efficient and effective IT management processes.
- With the Operations Director, strategically plan and implement the development of IT and Social Media policies and practice which are statutory compliant and model best practice in order to meet the business needs of the Trust.
- Whilst the post may be primarily based at a particular Trust academy, there may be a requirement for the post holder to work across any of the sites that comprise Archway Learning Trust in accordance with the needs of the Trust.
- Lead and manage the IT team across the Trust ensuring their development and performance at all times and proving inspiration and motivation.
- Budget responsibility for all trust IT expenditure.
- Lead on all technology requirements across the trust and ensure all academies and the Trust is compliant with legislation alongside best practice operations.
- Ensure all technology systems, infrastructure and services meet trust needs and are value for money.
- Oversee and lead the trust move to a ‘Cloud First’ technology strategy.
- Lead major capital development projects across the trust and conjunction with the Operations Director, develop long term capital strategies.
- Oversee, assess and recommend development vs buying for the trusts business application needs.
- Prepare and exercise emergency/disaster recovery plans and in conjunction with the Operations Director, ensure the Academy is insured for its technology risks.
- Ensure consistency, capacity, scalability and service levels for all IT service management and Infrastructure
- Management teams across all sites of the Trust. Implement ITIL processes and systems where appropriate.
- Ensure adequate training plans for all members of the IT team ensuring timely renewal where appropriate.
- Manage the Trust wide training program for blended learning and remote learning technologies, working alongside the Education Team to match training with trust needs.
- Ensure the adequate provision of infrastructure services across the trust, ensuring appropriate use of technology, capacity, bandwidth and systems across the trusts technology estate; constantly looking to standardise and simply our technology approach.
- To ensure that managers and staff receive effective and appropriate advice and support on the implementation and interpretation of technology policies and procedures.
- Monitor changes to legislation and best practice and keep abreast of changes to industry and education policy and/or practice. Assess the impact of any such changes on the Trust’s business and ensure trustees and all staff are aware of any relevant, necessary changes to practice.
- Establish and develop cohesive working partnerships with other schools and Academies to facilitate sharing of best practice.
- Provide information and reports for trustees and the executive leadership team, such as capacity planning, service levels, project planning, etc.
- Be committed to personal development through CPL as well as developing others in order to enhance performance.
- Be responsible for implementation of new systems including training users and promoting the use of the systems.
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of external contractors for IT contracts and third party services.
- Carry out any other duties associated with the post.