Due to significant growth in the company we are looking to recruit an IT Manager to head up our IT department at our Head Office in Edinburgh...
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650 + staff (continually growing)
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Manager to head up our IT department, reporting to the Group IT Manager. You will lead the SSC IT team in the development and implementation of information systems to deliver key business objectives and support internal teams on a day to day basis.
- Define the SSC IT strategy, ensuring appropriate provision of IT infrastructure; applications; security and support to meet business objectives and manage external threats.
- Lead the implementation and deployment of modifications or enhancements to existing systems or infrastructure to ensure fit for stakeholders.
- Project management and change management of projects with an IT impact; managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive and facilitate effective collaboration and communication between IT and other areas of the business.
- Implement and enforce policy standards within the IT function including SLAs in line with regulatory/ legal considerations.
- Work with Bakkafrost to develop, maintain and adopt Group IT policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Ensure the team are appropriately skilled to deliver the IT services to support the business.
- Where required, manage software suppliers during evaluation, procurement, post implementation and licensing. Develop a process for managing vendors, ensuring accountability.
- Wide understanding and knowledge of current legislative framework impacting on IT, e.g. GDPR, planning permission for new masts etc
- An excellent understanding of a range of networking concepts and all areas of operating re Microsoft product suite.
- Microsoft Cloud Services - extensive hands-on experience with Microsoft 365 administration and Microsoft enterprise systems involving a variety of software and hardware implementations.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong experience of creating and managing PowerShell scripts.
- Strong experience of email security platforms, including Exchange Online Protection, Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection.
- Has implemented a range of information security and developed Security Awareness across a diverse business and User Groups
- Has a working knowledge of wireless communication and Wide Area Networks
- A detailed-orientated problem solver with strong and demonstrable project management skills
- Clear leadership and strong communication skills.
- Committed to delivering excellent service to internal customers.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
- Occupational Health Service
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 04 December 2020