Birmingham City University
Faculty: Faculty of Health, Education and Life Science
Full Time, Permanent
Location: City South Campus
Salary: £35,014 to £38,059 per annum
Ref No: 092020-317-R
Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to study right in the heart of the city and The Faculty of Health Education and Life Sciences currently have an exciting opportunity for a ARC Faculty Manager to join our dynamic team. The role will suit an experienced project manager with a background in ICT and Higher Education, looking to advance their career. If you’re customer-focused, quality-driven and keen to follow a professional career within Higher Education, there’s never been a better time to join us.
ARC is a system which enables the effective management of work practice placements and the students undertaking those placements as part of their studies at University. It is a system where student and placement details are stored and it is where the students are matched to available placement areas. We as a University utilise the system for our School, with in Nursing & Midwifery, Health Sciences and Education and Social work.
Directly managing the ARC Project Coordinator you will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management support for the development and maintenance of placement software and systems, data management and reporting, in support of both internal and external stakeholders including, Heads of School, Academics, Placement Coordinators, Practice Partners and Students.
The ARC Faculty Manager will lead on areas for development within the ARC system and consider regulatory adjustments and how they affect the way HELS placements are administered. You will also design and deliver a comprehensive training plan for internal and external stakeholders to maintain and enhance engagement with placement systems.
The Role and Duties
Will include but not be exclusive to the below::
- Manage the development of the comprehensive outward facing ARC Placement Allocation System, which will include audits, external stakeholders usage (e.g. NHS trusts) and ensuring consistent student access.
- To act as account manager for ARC, maintain positive working relationships and enhance our ability to act dynamically in meeting business requirements. To maintain oversight of contracts and related payments.
- Initiate and lead development/progress meetings across the Faculty, negotiating workable agreed deadlines
- Manage, develop and maintain a set of robust ARC business processes, including annual checks for consistency, accuracy and training needs.
- Develop and maintain effective and accurate reporting processes and data analytics for internal and external bodies, including the Nursing Midwifery Council and The Health and Care Professionals Council.
- Drive change with regards to project plans, providing effective support for Placement Course Coordinators and wider academic team.
- Deal with general enquiries about projects by email, telephone and in person. Identify any problems in a timely manner and take appropriate and effective steps to resolve them. Liaise with project team colleagues to share best practice and avoid duplication of effort.
Skills and Experience Required
- A degree or equivalent qualification or significant relevant work experience.
- Experience of IT project management ideally in an Education setting.
- Hold a project management qualification (PRINCE2 or similar)
- Understands methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring of projects.
- Understands methods and techniques for writing effective reports. Experience of ARC/SITS student record system or similar
- Experience of proactive working within teams to improve service delivery
- Experience of creating, planning and delivering training sessions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff at a senior level and be confident in this situation
- Must have proven experience of planning and organisational skills, the ability to prioritise a heavy workload, able to work to tight deadlines, be self-motivated and able to work without detailed supervision
Closing Date: 22/11/2020
Interview Date: TBC
LINK TO ADVERT - https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=3640&forced=2