Do you want to develop your cloud and IOT experience with an award winning FTSE, which allows you to work as part of a team whilst providing individual responsibility, ownership and career growth?
Rentokil Initial is a FTSE 50 Global Leader in support services and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Google Cloud Platform Engineer to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in software development and cloud technology whilst gaining hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
If you are experienced in working with serverless computer components, have some experience in IOT devices/message transfer and enjoy working in an agile environment then this role is for you. Ideally, you will have experience with the Google Cloud Platform, however if you have experience in similar cloud platforms we would love to hear from you!
As part of this exciting and challenging role, you will be expected to:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of the PestConnect platform solutions using Google Cloud Platform, Qlik Sense/QAP and other shared platforms and services as well as integration with IOT devices
- Design, build and deliver pre-approved Infrastructure and Platform as code that can be re-used by other Product teams
- Own and maintain the repository of automated, pre-approved, fully tested and re-usable patterns and templates on the PestConnect Platform that can be used by other Product teams (everything as code)
- Lead the PestConnect team in best practice Devops processes
- Act as the technical point of contact on the PestConnect platform for the cloud service providers (e.g. Google) to ensure the Platform is operational and is able to meet the service levels of the products using the platform
Successful applicants will possess the following skills/experience as a minimum:
- Significant experience with serverless compute components, App Engine, Spanner, BigQuery, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, (serverless compute is our preference over IaaS components)
- Experience of working with IOT devices, message transfers and its required infrastructure
- Experienced in working in Agile environment following Agile methodologies (eg Scrum Agile)
- Hands-on experience of writing code, scripts and APIs (Java, Python)
- Experience of managing multi-tier infrastructure environments, including elements hosted on a public cloud platform (eg GCP, AWS, etc) and understanding of network concepts
- An in-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (e.g. Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Cobbler etc)
What’s in it for you?
At Rentokil Initial, our ambition is to become a world-class employer of choice. We believe that by doing what's right for our colleagues we will in turn deliver a brilliant service for our customers and ultimately create shareholder value. This is at the heart of our RIGHT WAY plan. In 2019, we were ranked as the UK’s Best Company to Work For by Indeed And Britain’s Most Admired Company for Diversity & Inclusion.
You can expect a competitive salary with us with opportunities to progress within your career as well as the following benefits:
- Rentokil Initial Reward Scheme
- 23 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in service benefit
- Free Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme