About Wiseserve/Computer Assistance
WiseserveLtd is a Limited company registered in England and Wales trading as Computer Assistance. We are one of the largest independent IT support companies in Oxford withacclaimed customer service since 1996. We offer remote and on-site IT support, Web design and development, computer sales and repair services, telecoms, expanding our services every year. We are experts across mostIT related systems including but not limited to Windows, Linux and Macs and aim to provide the very best IT, Telecoms and Internet services for our business and individual customers.
Come and join an enigmatic team of support technicians who look after our client’s interests.
Work is varied as we support a wide range of technical systems. From Microsoft and Linux through to VMware, Azure and AWS, there is plenty of opportunity to develop a broad skillset and focus on new and interesting technologies.
We are looking for a like-minded applicant who is keen to show us what they can do!
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide technical support forclient andserver devices. Jobs are generated from our automated Nagios monitoring system as well as tickets that ascend through 1stline support.
- Onsite visits to local clients suffering outages will be required.
- Onsite visits to local clients to install and configure new infrastructure will be required.
- Critically evaluating our client’ssystemsto ensure that the latest security and best practises are maintainedis critical.
- Carefully and accurately record client system information as well as ticket resolution processes in our systemsas youcomplete tickets.
- To provide help and guidance to your colleagues. We all work closely to share information and support each other in our endeavours.
We like to select candidates based around the ability to show strength in the following areas:
- A strong troubleshooting ability. Being able to comprehensively break down problems into clear, manageable tasks is key.
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and working as part of a close-knit team.
- An ability to sometimes work relatively independently within our busy IT team.
- Excellent communication andexplanationskills with the ability to engage withvaried customers on telephone and on-site. Being able to speak on the customers level is important.
- A broad knowledge of current technology, systems architecture and software is desired.
- An enthusiasm to step outside of comfort zones and attempt work on new, cutting-edge systems is sought after.
Desirable selection criteria
- A Microsoft qualified and certification such as MCP/MCTS/MCSA/MCSE/MCITP/AZURE is desirable;
- Linux experience is valued but not essential. We maintain a fleet of Linux Servers and administration knowledge will be useful;
- Bring your personality, not a suit! A good sense of humour goes a long way in fitting in with our team.