Within Data & Analytics, the Development team is in charge of developing the company’s Global Information Systems and maintaining them aligned with company’s business needs. To achieve this mission, the team is leading projects from business requirements gathering to project delivery.
In the scope of a large Supplier Revenue Management project, the Senior Java QA Analyst is responsible for creating and executing end-to-end test plans in an Agile setting to ensure the delivered solutions comply with applicable quality standards and perform as expected.
- Create and execute end-to-end test plans (manual and automated) for an existing Java Web Application from SQL back end to User Interface to ensure the delivered solutions comply with applicable quality standards and perform as expected to the business environment and end-user.
- Compliance to expressed requirements/user stories
- Integrate with an Agile Scrum team
- Effectively communicate with the rest of the Scrum team (Product Owner, Developer, Business Analyst and Development Manager).
- Estimate workload for tasks as part of the Release and Sprint Planning.
- Indicate performed and upcoming activities as well as known impediment/issues.
- Express issues in a clear, consistent and understandable manner (written, verbal).
- Take ownership of all assigned tasks and project related assignments.
- Ensure direct communication over email/ticketing chain to ensure timely resolution of identified issues.
- Contribute in release readiness/Demos.
- Update on regular basis collaboration suites used to share progress/status on the project (Rally, Quality Center, and Subversion for example).
- Effectively advocate and disseminate Quality Assurance best practices in the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Significant (6+years) experience in Software Quality Assurance preferably on Java Web Application establishing/running end to end (from DB backend to UI) test strategy/test Plans/Test cases and their execution
- Experience setting up, enhancing and maintaining automated test suites
- Experience including automated testing in a continuous integration setting
- Experience integrating in a Scrum driven development team
- Experience interacting with product owner/end user for User Acceptance Testing
- Technical Skills
- SQL querying (Oracle Certification is a plus)
- One general-purpose programming/scripting language (Java or equivalent) to support automation work.
- Automated Functional and regression testing suite (Selenium, QTP or equivalent)
- Agile collaboration suite (Rally, JIRA or equivalent)
- Quality Management suite (requirements management, test management, HP Quality Center or equivalent)
- Configuration management (CVS, SVN, ClearCase or equivalent) in a continuous integration setting
- Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins or equivalent) as a user
- Soft Skills
- Clear communicator (written and verbal), Ability to moderate conference calls
- Creative solving of technical problems
- Able to focus on deadlines and deliverables in an autonomous manner
- Able to present the development team as well as our products in a positive and professional manner
- Enthusiastic about learning new technical skills and tools