Wireless Network Support Engineer
We have a new role available for a Wireless Network Support Engineer to join the technical engineering department of a communications solution provider based in Cambridge.
As an experienced Wireless Network Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing the technical skills to support customers remotely. You will be solution focused and have a flexible approach to problem-solving, an ability to work as part of a team and to use your own initiative and be able to prioritise your workload and manage regular interruptions to remain productive. On a day to day basis, you will be focused on supporting wireless solutions
This role would require you to provide technical support to customers, assess and swap non-functional equipment, trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required.
In addition, and where required you would need to take the technical lead on any Second Line Wireless infrastructure-related issues for support tickets and implement configuration changes on behalf of customers, following the relevant change management process and assist with the on-boarding of new Managed customers and ensure knowledge share with the wider team.
• In-depth knowledge of cloud based wireless solutions is essential.
• You will have a minimum of 1 year’s history of delivering and maintaining wireless solution across the entire project life cycle, including:
• Experience deploying and troubleshooting enterprise grade wireless solutions and Cisco or Juniper Networks.
• Experience using HiveManager, HiveManager NG and other Aerohive products.
• Applying knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise.
• Experience and knowledge of wireless solutions covering Autonomous AP’s, Cloud Based Wireless Platforms, and Management Software.
• Excellent customer facing experience.
• Ability to summarize, explain and upload troubleshooting cases.
• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associates) with at least 1 years’ experience or Juniper JNCIA.
• ACWA (Aerohive Certified Wireless Administrator) level with at least 1 years’ experience.
If you are in a similar role and looking for your next challenge and have the above experience set out in the essential skills section, then please email your CV or call (Apply online only) for more information.