Job Title: QA Software Tester
This is an exciting opportunity to join our clients Platform Development Team in Bournemouth as a Software QA Tester.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role involves ensuring that the platform products are fit for purpose when released and that adequate testing has been executed during the release cycle which includes checking that the platform is ready for release.
* Attending stand up meetings with development team and escalating queries
* Keeping Development Team and Platform Development Manager aware of any issues affecting testing or the quality of the company platform.
* Development of robust test scripts that have sufficient coverage to ensure quality deliverables are released to production
* Communicating testing feedback
* Ensure defects are correctly fixed and perform regression tests
* Assisting with builds and rollouts where required
* Ensure time is logged to improve management information and project profitability tracking.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Fluent English is a must for this role as you will be interfacing with the rest of the business and clients and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
* Experience of testing web-based systems, including the user interface/web screen
* Understanding of software development life cycle and the role testing plays within that.
* Understanding and using test plans and scripts
* An understanding of technical issues and the ability provide constructive feedback.
* Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/ project team.
* Good analytical skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Microsoft SQL Server Queries and Management Studio
* Atlassian Jira
* Agile Software Development
* Learning Management Systems
Our client offers all team members the chance to be a part of something unique where you can enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and great benefits.
* 24 days’ holiday plus all UK bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
* Simply Health Cash Back Plan
* Child Care Voucher scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension contribution
* Life Assurance
* Moving Home Day
* Access to discounts to 100's of retailers through the benefits portal
* Plus, much more
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://(url removed)/privacy-policy