Would you like to join a global defence and aerospace organisation, working on some of the most cutting edge projects and technologies in the UK right now? Do you want to play a key part in protecting our national security?
Due to continued investment, this pioneering company are in the midst of a significant recruitment drive and are now looking for up to 10 Software Engineers to join their growing team in Somerset on an initial 12 month contract.
This is an excellent prospect role, and a great opportunity to work on some of the biggest projects and most advanced technologies in the UK..
You’ll be working on mission planning software for military platforms such as helicopters and fast jets, this is a large project forecast to run over the next 2/3 years with an initial 12 month contract.
Within the role of Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
* Software requirements, analysis and design.
* Supporting systems test and integration activities
* Configuration of completed work
To succeed within the role of Software Engineer you’ll have experience in a similar position, and you’ll ideally have a good mix of the following skills:
Awareness and understanding of the full software development lifecycle, from requirements & design through to delivery
An awareness and understanding of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), experience of development tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
* Object-oriented design/development including UML
* Web-oriented applications and services (Java/C#, JSP, HTML, CSS, Apache
* Business intelligence/analytics tools and techniques (ETL, SQL, Python)
* Desktop-based applications (Java and Eclipse RCP or C#/C++)
* Windows or Linux target environments
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, critical to national security
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
** Due to the sensitive nature of this work, we can only accept applications from UK/Dual nationals**
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Software Engineer, please send your CV to Chris Hill via the ‘apply now’ button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn