● You will be a Designer on a long-term project to design a full suite of gambling
products, including responsive websites, desktop applications and native apps.
● You will be one of the lead designers on the project and will be responsible for all
● You will work closely with the Design Director and will have regular design reviews
and meetings to come up with creative solutions for different products.
● Following Degree 53’s design process you will sketch out solutions to complex
problems, storyboard user journeys, producing ideas and concepts, produce high
fidelity wireframes and prototype & test visual designs.
● You will be a key influence in advising on UX & Design best practices.
● You will work closely with a dedicated team from different departments to ensure the
final products are delivered to a high standard and to agreed timescales.
● You will also carry out a full handover of final, signed-off designs to the development
team and carry out regular design reviews with them to make sure the final product is
pixel perfect and to the highest quality.
● You will be creating and continually enhancing these products over time and finding
new and innovative ways of improving various features.
● You will carry out research, competitor analysis, data analysis and user testing to aid
design decisions. Designs should always be based on factual evidence, not opinion.
- You will have excellent attention to detail. This means your files and folder structures
should be neat, tidy and can be picked up by anyone else within the team with ease.
● We expect you to stress test and thoroughly evaluate your work prior to it being
presented in a design review and/or handed over to the development team.
● You will be able to effectively communicate ideas and solutions to different team
members across the company.
● You will ensure the designs match the fully documented set of requirements.
● You must also be willing to learn about all the different types of gambling products to
understand industry standards and what customers expect.
● You will produce stunning UI designs for the final product that is of the highest
quality and set the bar in terms of creativity and innovation in the gambling industry.
● All your work must be organised and easily accessible by other team members
(including Photoshop and Sketch layers) This is of the highest importance during the
project as all final designs have to be fit for development.
● Being able to take on board constructive feedback and producing an improved
solution is a must.
The skills you should have
- All of our designs are built within Sketch so we’re looking for someone with at least 2
years experience using this tool and someone who can confidently use features such
as creating nested symbols, using different plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and
style guides and naming layers and groups with correct terminology.
● Experience with using the Adobe CC Suite is also needed. The main tools we use
are Photoshop and Illustrator so being able to use these also is a must in case any
visual non-UI work needs creating, such as icons, banners etc.
● Excellent knowledge and experience in responsive web design and UX design
(including research, wireframing and prototyping)
● Mobile app design experience e.g. iOS, Android etc. is desirable.
● Previous experience designing products that handle lots of data is a must.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary throughout
● Good technical understanding with the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
● Love working as part of a team and collaborating with developers, project managers,
testers etc. Communication is the key to delivering the best products.
● A good understanding of front-end web development (HTML & CSS). This is so we
can produce designs that developers can easily use and understand when
implementing our designs.
● Previous experience with analysing data and carrying out user testing across
● To proceed to our interview process you must have an exceptional portfolio of
previous design work that covers all of the above.
Design a full suite of gambling products, design reviews, storyboard user journeys.