itarle AG is looking to employ an experienced technologist to further develop its Best Execution Technology suite. This encompasses Algorithmic Trading, Smart Routing and Transaction Cost Analysis. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the next generation of products, in addition to leveraging cutting edge technologies, development of methodologies and processes to maintain and build on itarle’s market leading position. This is an ideal role for a senior developer currently working in a bank, trading firm, fintech, or trading venue who is keen to further their career in a small, agile environment where the focus is building world-class technology.
The engineering team consists of statisticians, data scientists and technologists who are responsible for building and maintaining the itarle product suite.
- Implementing the technology strategy for itarle, maintaining the existing code base and developing new products.
- Actively developing high quality production code for algorithmic trading, Smart Order Routing and Transaction Cost Analysis.
- Delivering well-thought out, clean code, helping us scale to support business growth, and expanding DevOps capabilities to further improve service quality to our clients.
Required technical expertise
- 5+ years experience of writing high performance Java 1.8, including concurrency and distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience in unit- and integration testing, working in a CI/CD environment, and using distributed version control systems.
- Object-oriented design and reactive programming.
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Docker.
- Experience in Maven, Spring, and JMS, and a desire to reduce the footprint of these technologies by migrating to Gradle, Kafka, and smaller, lightweight services that can largely do away with Spring.
- Relational databases.
Desirable technical skills
- ELK stack.
- Prometheus / Grafana / Opentracing.
- C++ / Python / Groovy / Kotlin.
- Actor frameworks (e.g. Akka).
- Atlassian workflow & productivity tools.