The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and is a bank for central banks. The BIS´s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect (with a corporate title of Senior IT Applications Architect) to join the Application and Architecture group within the Bank´s IT department. As an enterprise architect, the successful candidate will coordinate the group´s architecture-related activity to establish a vision and technology roadmap for each of the groups key software applications and platforms. He/she will also provide enterprise architecture guidance to business and technology teams across the Bank, and organise bank-wide architecture governance.
The ideal candidate is a solution-oriented team player, comfortable in both a highly technical environment and a relationship management role. He/she is a skilled communicator who is able to present complex IT topics to non-technical audiences of all levels, taking a proactive business-focused approach when dealing with both internal and external clients and providers.
- Work with development and operations teams across Architecture and Applications to create a vision and roadmap for the key applications and platforms supported by the group.
- Maintain high-level enterprise architecture maps for the Bank, including key systems and information flows.
- Advise and assist with changes to business architecture and business process optimisation.
- Act as an expert adviser to the Bank on application architecture and strategic technology issues, and write reports for executive audiences.
- Working with IMS and cross-business technical experts, define and promote common architecture principles, standards, tools and implementation methodologies.
- Organise bank-wide architecture governance and assist the Head of Architecture and Applications in chairing the meetings and issuing recommendations.
- Establish a virtual team of architects and technical experts across the IT department and promote architecture collaboration.
- Provide architectural oversight on key IT projects.
- Play a leading role in the identification and evaluation of new technologies.
- Perform pre- and post-project architecture reviews.
- Own the portfolio of application development tools provided to developers across the Bank and ensure that they evolve over time to meet developers´ needs.
- Review, with the aim of constantly improving, the application architecture landscape of the Bank.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least five years´ experience in software development and/or architecture related IT roles
- Experience of creating and communicating architecture concepts and technology roadmaps
- Experience working on projects spanning multiple technology teams and business areas
- Experience presenting architecture and technology topics to senior executives
- Experience working with complex enterprise data architectures with strong knowledge of relational database technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft development technologies (C# .NET, WCF, WPF, Visual Studio etc), NoSQL/Big Data technologies, and Python and/or R will be advantages.
- An industry background in financial markets or central banking will be an advantage.
- Strong architecture modelling and visualisation skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, visual and oral
- An ability to formulate technical strategy
- An ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships across different technical teams and business users
- An ability to understand and adapt to a broad range of existing and new technologies
- An ability to work independently
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- University degree (ideally at masters level, in a computer science related discipline)
Do you have the skills we are looking for and a strong academic track record? Are you interested in working in an international financial institution at the heart of the central banking community and contributing to an important global mission? We look forward to receiving your application, including your CV and letter of motivation, indicating your preferred area of interest.
To find out more about this opportunity and to submit your CV (in English), please visit www.bis.org/careers.
Deadline for applications is 30/12/2016
Employment - Duration: 1 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.