Job Title: IT IS Systems Support Officer
Post Number: SI581XX
Department: Library & Information Services, Information Services Division
Salary: £33,518 - £37,706 per annum
Hours : 37
Accountable to: IT IS Systems Team Manager
Accountable for: N/A
Responsible for the technical support, administration and development of the university’s local servers, communication systems and cloud based service provisions. Carrying out configuration, pro-active monitoring, maintenance, support and development tasks, as is necessary, to ensure their effective operation and availability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acting as the technical design architect for one or more Cardiff Metropolitan University’s systems and infrastructure services. Designing and/or conducting architectural reviews on these and advising on technical requirements and service implications.
- Producing computer programs and scripts to facilitate administration and maintenance of directory services and other infrastructure service and databases.
- Liaising with schools and departments in conjunction with other L&IS staff. Participating in developments and projects groups to establish and evaluate business requirements and provide advice on technical implications.
- Providing technical support for the university’s business critical IT systems and communications services to ensure their effective operation and availability. Analysing and diagnosing faults, where necessary, and implementing robust and innovative solutions to resolve these.
- Liaising with external organisations such as Cisco, Dell, Jisc, Microsoft, PSBA and Unit 4 in relation to product changes and enhancements to ensure these are compatible with the university’s systems.
For further information about this role and to apply please visit: www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs