Job Title: IT IS - IT Network Security Officer
Post Number: S1016XX
Department: Library & Information Services, Information Services Division
Salary: £33,518 - £37,706 per annum
Accountable to: Communications Team Manager
Accountable for: N/A
This post is responsible to the Communications Team Manager for the enforcement of IT Security in respect of the university’s network and corporate IT services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out regular audits of system and network logs, identifying and implementing intrusion detection mechanisms.
- Setting up incident management mechanisms and acting as a key point in these processes.
- Liaising with schools and departments and participating in developments and projects groups. Establishing and evaluating business requirements, as necessary, and providing advice on the technical implications.
- Performing and organising audits and tests of network security as directed and making recommendations for strengthening.
- Implementing and supporting Identity and Access Management, and Network Access Control systems
- Acting as a general focal point for IT security and keeping abreast of potential threats by participating in relevant groups and forums. Distributing best practise guidelines and hardening recommendations to other IT technical staff.
- Ensuring software patch levels on key server platforms are kept up to date.
- Providing backup support for the University’s network.
- Working with other ISD and university staff to maintaining and test Disaster Recovery plans.
- Evaluating risk for new developments and as part of service and system reviews. Carrying out and contribute to risk assessments and highlighting disaster recovery implications and developing solutions to address these.
For further information about this role and to apply please visit: www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs