IT Support Officer
Proforest is seeking an enthusiastic IT professional to provide end user support and help to develop and implement a long-term roadmap with the objective of improving effectiveness and security of IT systems. The candidate should have at least 1 year of relevant experience in a similar role and requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Proforest is a dynamic non-profit organisation with global presence that has established itself as a leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and responsible sourcing. We work at every stage of the supply chain, from production and processing, through to purchasing and investment. Our 18 years’ experience covers the management of forests, oil palm, soy, sugarcane, rubber and beef, at a range of scales that includes smallholders, communities and forest-dependent people through to multinational businesses.
- Act as the first point of contact for staff and provide effective end-user support as required.
- Take ownership of any IT issues raised, carry-out investigation and resolve issues with minimal disruption to the business.
- Coordinate and oversee external IT support provider, escalate any technical issues as required and review effectiveness of service.
- Effectively engage and communicate with staff to understand how they are using IT systems, understand their problems and discuss solutions in a non-technical language.
- Help to develop internal guidance notes, training material and other procedural documents to help staff better understand and use our IT systems. Provide training to staff on IT systems as required.
- Follow regularly maintenance procedures for server, firewall and network infrastructure and man-age various IT admin systems like helpdesk ticketing, remote access, monitored antivirus, ISP, backup, etc.
- Keep all network and system documentation up-to-date.
Identify any IT security risks, evaluate mitigation options and carry out suitable measures to in-crease network and data security.
- Provide guidance and support to regional offices to improve their IT support capacity.
- Support the development and maintenance of a long-term IT roadmap to improve effectiveness of internal IT systems and lead on the implementation of projects to achieve the objectives set-out in the roadmap.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Graduate in computer science, network engineering or similar qualification
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in a similar role in a medium size business IT environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-working skills with the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong technical skills with Windows server, HyperV, AD, GPO, DHCP/DNS, Network Technology
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
- A good understanding of security infrastructure and systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge of configuring/supporting laptop and desktop computers
- Highly developed organisational skills including prioritisation, project management and time management
- A drive and desire for continuous professional development
Salary, location and contract type
Salary: 25,000 – 28,000 dependent on experience
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
How to apply
Send your CV, a brief cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for this position and confirmation that you are already eligible to work in the UK to email@example.com
• Application deadline: 12 January 2018
• Phone interviews planned: 18 / 19 January 2018
• Final interview planned: 25 - 31 January 2018
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.