We are seeking for an IT Support Engineer to be based primarily in the office with with frequent visits to customer sites; two days per week you will be onsite at a client based in Bristol.
Focusing on resolving incidents and work requests within agreed SLA's, along with pro-active participation in routine support service activities such as asset, knowledge and problem management. Involvement in continual improvement initiatives and project work is also expected.
Must be able to prioritise and manage own time effectively and able to work unsupervised. The candidate will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
We’re a bright, capable bunch focussed on helping ambitious companies move to the cloud easily and safely. We’re a Microsoft gold cloud solutions provider (CSP), driving high growth around Azure and Office 365.
Fast moving and entrepreneurial, we’re recruiting ambitious people committed to excellence and personal growth along with the business.
Today, there are about 200 of us across Bath, Bracknell, London and Cape Town, with more exciting growth plans in the pipeline. We help our people dig deep to make the most out of their careers with Cloud Direct - we believe "more is in you…"
With great financial and lifestyle benefits, we also have a 'fun fund’ and regular sporty, foody and social occasions.
We recognise that our people drive and inspire the business - two reasons why we’re Investors in People - Gold.
- Resolve or support the resolution of complex or escalated customer technical issues;
- Resolve technical issues via phone, email or Livechat where appropriate to do so while meeting SLA targets;
- Provide high quality case notes and communication records with customers throughout the life of the case;
- Prioritise case workload and manage working time effectively;
- Follow ITIL and ISO agreed practices and processes;
- Support Service Delivery with technical expertise as required;
- Highlight security risks and issue trends with Team Leader;
- Provide clear handover commentary and case notes for returning cases to First Response Team, third party support partners or between shifts.
- Update team wikis, knowledge base articles and technical tips for internal service improvement as they are identified;
- Be proactive in reporting and or suggesting service improvements via the appropriate channels (e.g. Moments of Truth);
- Be personally responsible for driving customer satisfaction by always trying to think as the customer and to promote customer feedback via the NPS-T systems;
- Willingly supporting other members of the team when required, including taking first response queries if no members of the first response team are available;
- Working with the Internal IT function (IIT) and be the lead technical resource for internal network and comms issues. Assisting Internal IT Access Requests within Service Now
- Provide helpdesk support to staff both local & remote users
- Database Maintenance
- Installing, moving and setting up user’s PC workstations
- Conducting routine PC maintenance
- Carrying out audits of IT equipment
- Configure hardware for staff
- Work on IT projects as directed
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of any problems they encounter
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Maintaining records of software licences
- Setting up accounts for staff, ensuring that they know how to log in
- Updating Asset Register as and when needed
- Remove leavers from distribution emails
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Solving password problems
Experience and skills required
- Should have at least 2 years’ experience in a 1st/ 2nd line IT Support role
- Microsoft desktop operating systems and applications
- Strong Local & Wide Area networking skills including configuration of switches & routers
- Extensive knowledge of the computer environment and the ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems or issues to the satisfaction of the customer or end user
- Mobile devices including iPhone/Android
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7/8 or MCITP: Windows 7 or Windows 8, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
What do we offer you?
- Pension contribution
- Health care cash plan
- Life Assurance/Critical Illness/Income Protection
- Birthday lunches
- Fun Fund
- Many more...
Technical Customer Service, General-Other: Installation-Maintenance-Repair, Desktop Service and Support, General-Other: IT-Software Development, Network and Server Administration, Software-System Architecture, Software-Web Development, Systems Analysis - IT