Systems Developer SUPP103687
£36,613 - £41,212 per annum
The University IT Services division is seeking to recruit a Systems Developer on an open-ended basis (currently with fixed funding).
You will provide operational support for and improvements to a number of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) corporate services including the University Student Records System (SITS). You will also provide support for and diagnose issues with in-house developed services, mostly developed using Java web technologies, and play an important role in taking on support for new services as they transition into service.
Technical knowledge and experience required includes (please also refer to the attached Job Description):
- Experience of supporting applications on Windows and Unix platforms
- Experience of developing and supporting applications using Java web technologies
- Experience of Unix shell scripting
- Experience of supporting applications using Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Broad technical knowledge and the willingness to learn new skills as required
- Experience of working with non-technical users
- Knowledge of ITIL
It is expected that interviews will be held week commencing 11th December 2017.
For informal enquiries please contact Simon King (Simon.King@bristol.ac.uk)
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
To apply please visit our web site at www.bris.ac.uk/jobs enter the vacancy number into the job search and follow the link to the on line application process.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd December 2017.