Ruby Developer (Hampshire)
Our Software Engineer team is growing and we have a fantastic new opportunity, for an Software Engineer to join the team.
We operate in a faced paced and changeable environment, so you will naturally be aligned to our culture of disruption and innovation and relish the challenge of finding ways to make this work better.
About this role
- Assisting with the technical design and development of applications as part of Scrum and engineering teams
- Developing secure, performant and scalable applications/software services that enable the team to achieve its business goals
- Actively engage with other project and technical teams to improve cross working/team knowledge
- Input into functional requirements, ensuring these are clearly stated and testable. Ensure non-functional requirements are addressed
- Write supporting documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
- Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level code and application support when needed, including leadership of technical investigations
- Expert in at least one language and you must have coded in Ruby.
- Competent in one or both of
- API and Service Development – be able to design and code services that are resilient, performant and scalable
- Understanding of SQL and No SQL database technologies. Be able design performant queries, appropriately normalised schemas and basic tuning against MySQL/MariaDB and/or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI/CD), including build scripts and version management tools
- Commercial experience working in agile teams and practices, e.g. Scrum and eXtreme Programming
- Knowledge of the principals of virtualisation with VMware or OpenStack, AWS/Azure
- In-depth knowledge of security coding practices (OWASP and similar)
- Demonstrable expertise in design and implementation of testing frameworks, for example Unit Testing, BDD/TDD, Performance Testing and Security Testing (Fuzz)
About Our Company:
My client provides an unbeatable, secure public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. They are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Based in Hampshire my client boasts a team of over 160 people and they continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks