A new opportunity has arisen within Experian Consumer Services Technology for a Lead Software Developer, this is an exciting role in our development team creating and supporting solutions for our partner deliveries. We have recently delivered a set of microservices in Amazon Web Services and are forming a team to help our partners implement these within their own consumer facing products.Technical Expertise
- Substantial experience in Microsoft development technologies
- C# / .NET CORE
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development methodologies and development processes; SCRUM, TDD, CI, CD
- Refine product user stories, evaluate alternatives, provide estimates and make recommendations
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Mentoring and coaching of other developers
- Code reviews
- High level solution design
- Face of to face client liaison, pre-sales and possibly client site working
- Automated Testing collaboration and support
- Collaborate effectively across the global product development community to support the full product lifecycle
- Passionate about building solutions adhering to the highest technical standards and focused on delivering value to our customers
- Enjoy working with a team in a challenging environment where you succeed or fail together and continually push each other to improve
- Be an active participant in the procedural and social evolution of our team; look for opportunities to add value, to bring the team together and champion improvements to our way of working
- Have an interest in the emerging technical landscape, keeping up to date with changes in industry and technology and appreciate the bearing these may have on our products
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Microservices Architecture
- Git Source Control
- Crucible, JIRA and Jenkins
- NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB)
- RESTful API design experience
- Professional Services experience
- Java / Python
• Ideally a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar technical discipline; however commensurate industry and technical experience are acceptable
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.
About ExperianAny unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2015, we were named by Forbes magazine as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies'.
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended 31 March 2016 was US$4.6 billion.
To find out more about our company, please visit or watch our documentary, "Inside Experian."