Company: who will I be working for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and talented Quality Assurance Analyst to join an established, forward-thinking organisation based in Banbury on a full time, permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity which will see the successful person make significant contributions towards the new development and enhancement of the company's flagship products. The Quality Assurance Analyst will work with a Senior QA Tester and adhere to established procedures for quality assurance, assisting with the design and implementation of a test processes and procedures.
Action: what will I be doing?
* Ensuring all defects are accounted for on the release of a new build
* Aiming to automate all manually driven test plans
* Building a full test environment to replicate system and process lifecycles for multiple products
* Developing and managing a full plan and associated documentation across multiple software products
* Troubleshooting issues, working with technical resources as required
* Assisting with the writing, monitoring, execution and evaluation of application tests
* Using industry standard automated testing tools by helping to set up data, tools and databases to support integrated test environments
* Troubleshooting defects and manage defect tracking and resolution processes
* Ensuring all defects are managed to ensure a consistent, documented process is used and followed
* Conducting root cause analysis of identified defects, providing development/QA and management teams with sufficient details to understand, replicate and resolve the defect. Maintaining well organised records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results. Clarifying reproduction steps identified by the technical team
* Helping to maintain automated and manual test scripts
* Assisting in the conversion and automation of all manual test scripts and plans in order to meet software release deliverables, project testing requirements, compare and validate data results from testing and other quality assurance considerations
* Assisting members of the QA staff with various automation related challenges and coordinating with the rollout of automated environment application upgrades
* Working with the development team to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts and the QA automated testing environments
* Working with current development team and QA team to streamline a process of how changing the software will affect any test scripts written
* Working closely with the development staff to ensure issues/defects are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
Measure: the skills I need…
* Experience with industry standard automated testing tools
* Experience testing web and reporting services applications preferably in a .NET environment
* A strong understanding of HTML and CSS
* A high level of technical, written literacy
* An understanding of the software development cycle
* Good working knowledge of MS Windows including MS Office
* Good working knowledge of Visual Studio - ideal Visual Studio Online
* Degree educated in a programming related subject
* At least 3 years of experience designing and developing automated test scenarios
* An understanding of software workflow solutions
* Knowledge of Windows Server
* Knowledge of MS Test Manager
* Knowledge of Coded UI
Emotion: how will I feel working here?
Challenged and motivated! This is a great company to be part of and a progressive team environment. There is a kitchen fully stocked with teas, coffees and fresh fruit!
Opportunity: what's in it for me?
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, some travel and overnights stays will be required. You must have a car suitable for business travel, as well as a valid passport. Salary: £20,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme or salary equivalent (after 6 months) and 25 days paid holiday.
Call Hannah Nicholls to discuss further - "I look forward to hearing from you