QA Tester - Coventry - 6 Month Contract
My client are currently recruiting for a QA tester to start ASAP on a 6 month contract at offices based in Coventry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Writing and Updating Test cases
* Executing Test cases with different environments.
* Assist with documentation, support team in building environments.
* Performing exploratory testing.
* Actively suggesting improvement on QA activities and process, with the main objective of finding defects earlier.
* Work directly with developers and Business Analysts on an active role in an agile team. Sometimes even with Client Business Analysts and QAs both onshore and offshore.
* Have basic understanding of networks, DOS commands like Ping, Ipconfig.
* Identify and clearly explain defects on defect tracking system. Note: Defect tracking may be on different systems (TFS, QC and Master Craft) and ready to interact with offshore team after hours.
* Provide priorities and severity based on the defect impact & frequency. Also know when to escalate issues/defects.
* May need to be involved in meetings with client and offshore teams (sometimes after hours).
* Minimum 2 years of QA/Testing
* Experience of testing complex systems, client and server, interfaces
* Experience with writing SQL queries, working with MS-SQL
* Experience in testing Point of Sale software, Web applications, Point Of Sale hardware and related technology.
* Experience in Agile Frame work, preferably SCRUM.
* A love for problem solving and takes ownership or responsibility.
* Understand and adapt quickly to test data, hardware such as POS, VMs, and peripherals such as printer, scanners, and scales.
* Good communication skills and able to work collaboratively.
The hours of work are Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
If this role is of interest, please forward across your CV to