Senior Test Engineer (QA tester) - up to £475/ day - ~3 month contract - Newcastle*
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key government clients in Newcastle who are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be working as part of a large multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for defining all Test activities to exercise software produced, spanning functional, performance, security, accessibility, and operational testing and utilising appropriate test automation.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Lead, supervise or directly manage a team of Quality Assurance / Test Analysts
* Undertake responsibilities of a QA engineer/software developer with a focus on test automation
* Involvement with all aspects of test automation: functional, performance.
* Will be involved in a specific project where there is a degree of complexity / strategic importance or where there is innovation required e.g. the need to build agile testing capability.
* May also be part of a team responsible for more complex projects/ programmes or deployed to ensure a small portfolio of projects are testing in a consistent and productive manner.
Essential skills and experience:
* Relevant QA technical experience with a broad base of testing experience and fully formed ideas on best practice
* Large enterprise or e-business systems experience
* Ability to work autonomously within a fast moving team taking accountability for building the test process and leading on Testing activities with minimal external input
* Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
* Proven ability to plan, manage and complete testing activities within set budgets and time limits
* Experience with multiple testing tools, particularly emerging open standards, a good understanding of:
- Confluence, Jira, Cucumber, Jenkins, JMeter, HP LoadRunner, Selenium, HP QTP, security attack proxies, vulnerability assessment tools, exploit frameworks, accessibility tools, IDS, IPS, network monitoring tools (e.g. SNMP), standard OS monitoring tools (Linux/Windows/OSX), and an appreciation of secure infrastructure deployments (e.g. PKI).
* Awareness of Agile project methodology
Desirable skills and experience:
* Test Specific qualifications
* Quality Assurance: QUAS Level 3
* Quality Standards: QUST Level 2
Please call Natasha at Berry Technical for more information