3rd Line Support - Brighton
We are currently working with Brighton client who seek an experienced individual to work within their Infrastructure report function. Our client is currently undergoing a huge IT transformation. As a growing business there is significant investment within their IT estate.
You will be working autonomously, within a team of like minded professionals, in a vibrant environment.
Our client is a big advocate in cutting edge technology. The ideal candidate will have experience working at 3rd line support level or a helpdesk manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Take ownership and responsibility for networking / infrastructure problems and deal with issues proactively
* Participate in the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, in line with business support needs and requirements, being hands on where required.
* Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports in line with business support requirements.
* Provide support to the Windows Server Infrastructure team including support of the hosted server infrastructure.
* Engaging with business users, stakeholders both technically and non technically.
* Investigation of repeat failures and establishing root cause.
* Able to work independently without supervision
Skills and Experience:
* Advanced knowledge of vitalisation (VMware 5.5 and above)
* Strong understanding of storage and MS technologies
* Previous experience of taking queries from Level 2 engineers
* Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
* Able to prioritise and executive tasks in a high pressure environment
* Good working knowledge of Windows Server. 2012/2008R2/2003 and Active Directory.
* Familiar with Firewall systems
* Experience of I.P. telephony,
* Microsoft, cisco or VMware qualifications
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age