Job Title: NOC Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25k- £35k + Shift allowance of £5.3k + 10% Bonus
Fantastic opportunities within this newly created Operations Centre team for a NOC Engineer based within our client’s technical operations team. Part of a 24/7 shift team working on a 5-week rota - and it's a good shift pattern too.
Candidates must have lived in the UK for 5 years minimum in order to achieve the security clearance required for this role.
• As a senior member of the NOC, you will be expected to lead and mentor your team, prioritising work to meet service targets including:
• Performing second pass problem determination and troubleshooting of all Incidents.
• Making recommendations and taking recovery actions as directed.
• Execution of Changes and Restores.
• Maintain handover logs, ticket updates and the creation of regular & on demand reports as required.
• Other tasks and responsibilities will be given as necessary which may not at present be recognised but will ensure the successful operation of the company where flexibility is paramount.
• This is a Shift role that includes Night, Weekend and Bank Holiday working. You will also be required to be part of an informal standby rota.
• Proven successful track record of within the IT or related industry
• Excellent OS skills (Windows/Linux)
• Working knowledge of VMWare
• Working knowledge of Network technologies
• Proven analytical skills
• Experience of running a business critical platform in a 24/7 environment
• Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment.
• Disciplined, organised and self-motivated.
• Excellent Communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ideally Degree qualified
Current Shift Pattern
Morning = 7am to 7.30pm with an unpaid one hour lunch break
Nights = 7pm to 7.30am with an unpaid one hour lunch break
Daytime = 9am to 5.30pm with an unpaid one hour lunch break
What we can offer
Competitive Base Salary - £25k- £35k + Shift allowance of £5.3k + 10% Bonus
In return we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with excellent salary and benefits which includes: Free Friday Breakfasts, healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension, life assurance, cycle to work scheme. At our Farnborough site access to onsite restaurant and gym facilities.
If you have a desire to work in an ambitious company and are able to deliver operational excellence then this role is made for you