One of our fabulous clients based in London is currently seeking a Marketing Data Analyst to join their Global Performance Marketing Team to provide insight and analysis into various projects and campaigns in order to improve user acquisition and overall marketing performance.
This role will implement a range of quantitative methods of analysis to inform and improve digital marketing campaign activity across channel attribution.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Lead marketing data, analytics and insight activities
• Propose commercially sound strategies at regional and global level.
• Identify, develop and improve methods for targeting and measuring marketing campaign effectiveness, including Reach and Frequency, Brand Resonance, ROI, Acquisition, Retention and Conversion Lift across channels, devices and media formats.
• Benchmark performance across all online channels
• Support Marketing managers in terms of the best practices and methodologies to evaluate optimisation and other testing initiatives.
• Consult on conversion optimisation and lead efforts to research and evaluate new targeting tools/capabilities in the data, analytics and marketing industry
• Develop and maintain marketing dashboards.
• Deliver monthly, cross-channel performance reports with actionable insight.
• Analyse online user behaviour, conversion data and customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution
• Analytical and technical Propose, contribute to, and verify multivariate testing for specific user segments
• Use available data sources to troubleshoot campaign (and overall) performance issues and propose methodical optimisation tests
• Collaborate with the Product, Data and Analytics teams with regards to: The digital analytics data architecture and the development of new methodologies
• Identification of new sources and tools for data and information analysis to improve current analytics capabilities.
• Ensuring that data is consistent, valid, relevant and significant
• Identification, development and improvement of methods for measuring product and customer experience effectiveness where it impacts performance marketing campaigns
• Present analytical findings in a visually compelling manner, with action-oriented recommendations that answer key performance marketing questions clearly to stakeholders
• Identify and monitor emerging trends, opportunities and threats and communicate to stakeholders
Job Qualifications and Skills:
• 3-5 years’ Experience in a similar role within an online/digital marketing/business intelligence environment
• 3-5 years’ hands-on experience using Web Analytics tools e.g. Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics
• High level of experience in data analysis techniques and advanced Excel, SQL and data manipulation skills
• Previous experience in digital marketing techniques, technology, marketing campaign strategies and campaign evaluation.
• Experience in visualisation tools such as Qlik, Tableau or Power BI
• Experience in analytical and statistical techniques using R, Python or SPSS (cluster analysis, profiling and regression analysis to produce insightful and actionable reports).
• Experience in identifying and validating strategic and tactical marketing objectives
• Experience of reporting development and delivery of insights that drive business change, particularly around attribution modelling
• Degree/Qualification in a quantitative subject such as Information Technology, Mathematics, Economics or other area with strong focus on applied statistics. Qualifications in Digital Marketing would be advantageous but not essential.
• Fluent in English
• Highly numerate and structured thinker, with strong analytical/data interpretation capability and ideally a degree in a numerate, business or marketing field
• A curious, self-motivated individual, who is committed to identifying and solving difficult problems autonomously, yet who can work effectively within a team
• Strong organisational skills, strong sense of ownership, a positive attitude, meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
• Able to think beyond the realms of current approaches and tenacity to challenge the status quo.
• The ability to work at pace and under pressure, handling multiple projects in parallel and adhering to tight timescales
• A good understanding of the factors that influence user behaviour online with and interest in Usability / HCI / UX
• Ability to communicate complex analysis and results to audiences with varying levels of technical understanding