Job Title: Data Analyst / MI Analyst
Location: Colchester, Essex
The Data Analyst / MI Analyst role will involve design, development and production of management reports relating to Motor Claims Handling work. These will range from internal statistics to inform manager’s decision making to detailed financial reports and KPI packs for our customers. The role will entail:
• Discussing data requirements with internal and external stakeholders.
• Determining appropriate data sources to meet these requirements or suggesting suitable analogues.
• Designing and implementing the routines necessary to produce the required reports (typically SQL queries to extract data and Excel spreadsheets to present it).
• Providing feedback on issues of data quality to operational managers to improve accuracy of reporting.
• Enhancing reports to include further requirements or corrections.
The ideal candidate will have the following key technical skills & attributes:
• Strong Data Analyst / MI Analyst background
• Strong academic or workplace background in a quantitative discipline.
• Understanding of statistical methods and data visualisation.
• Good knowledge of relational databases including the ability to write high quality SQL queries.
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel, including advanced features, to present data.
• Communication skills necessary to discuss technical concepts clearly and accessibly.
In addition, familiarity with other statistical packages or the motor insurance sector is advantageous but not essential.
For a confidential discussion on salary / package, pleae contact Tony Martin / Tony Massenhove