We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our quickly growing team and help develop tools that will revolutionise the way medical genetics work. Your software will be used by clinical geneticists and genetic researchers worldwide; it will assist in clinical decision-making and diagnosis.
- Your software will be used internationally to help diagnose rare genetic disease, saving lives and aiding care regimens.
- You will be responsible for creating software to track and store large files and metadata through bioinformatics pipelines and subsequent analysis.
- You will implement secure high speed file transfer across private and public networks allowing very large data sets to be federated and analysed.
- Reporting and documenting software and changes
- Significant input into design choices of the system
Essential attributes candidates must have on entering the role
- Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Programming ideally Python
- Web services
- Version control with Git
- Unit testing
- Reporting & documenting
- Use of encryption – data security
Desirable attributes already held or to be developed to perform the role
- Interest in next gen sequencing and genetics, Biology
- Working within a quality system such as ISO 27001
- Scientific and numeric programming eg. Numpy, scipy, pandas
- Data grid architecture
- System engineering
Python. Git, Linux, genetics, Biology