Exciting opportunity for an experienced Consultant on multi-disciplinary technology projects
About the role
The Capita Property and Infrastructure Technology team has an enviable reputation as specialist consultants in the field of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and a record of delivering innovative solutions for leading edge projects within the UK, including the introduction of new technology, asset management systems specification/development and enforcement consultancy.
The role is to deliver technical work and provide specialist services to exacting standards. The duties will be to support Associate Directors, Principal Consultants, other senior staff and a variety of different teams in the delivery of technology projects across a number of technical areas. Some examples are as follows:
- Supporting the service and asset data management of a Government Agency Asset Management system and its future development;
- Provide research support to Asset Management / Benchmarking projects;
- Data Capture, Verification and Analysis Services;
- Assist in the development of new Asset Management Services - maintenance and whole-life management;
- Traffic Management Systems including telephony, signals, message signs and CCTV etc.;
- Smart Operations - using technology to improve efficiencies in all aspects of design and maintenance, trialling new technology & bringing to market;
- Initiatives on new Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for the future covering detection, management and enforcement;
- Contract Service Level Management Services.
The post provides an opportunity to join a successful team which is key to supporting Capita's Technology Team vision of becoming an international leader in the field of Technology consultancy.
What you will do:
The role will be to provide management and technical assistance to Project Managers and a variety of teams in the delivery of a range of multidisciplinary projects that involve Enforcement, Electrical, Telecommunications, Structural and Civil Engineering.
In addition to developing skills in a specialist field, the successful candidate will be encouraged to take on responsibility and learn new skills in what is a growing industry sector; blurring the line between systems and service, technology and infrastructure.
Principal Responsibilities / Key Duties include:
- Act as Project Assistant and prepare project plans, programmes, meeting minutes, technical reports and financial monitoring applications;
- Assist with the Data Quality management aspects of out-sourced Asset management Systems;
- Production of Monthly Project Progress reports, performance management data and preparation for client meeting packs;
- Assist with site surveys, detailed designs and the preparation of technical specifications for Highways Agency Traffic Management Systems and / or other ITS Systems such as CCTV, Traffic Measurement, ANPR, UTMC etc.;
- Manage sub-contractors and the associated certification of works;
- Implement Corporate quality management procedures to ISO 9001;
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001), Environmental (ISO 14001) and other appropriate regulations.
Your experience will include:
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering / Science based discipline, preferably in Civil, Electrical / Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering
- A background in highways technology or a similar technical environment, for example rail, light-rail, utilities, defence, ICT (Information & Communications Technology), security, electrical, telecommunications;
- Highly motivated, versatile and enthusiastic, target driven and customer focused;
- Able to work well in a team environment and willing to take responsibility and supervise others if required e.g. suppliers, leading work packages etc;
- Task oriented, and responsible for their individual performance targets and contribution to team performance targets;
- Good communication skills and the ability to forge good relationships by communicating effectively at all levels within the business, and with Clients and other organisations;
- Good written communications skills with the ability to produce reports and other documents to exacting standards;
- Project Management awareness and understanding;
- Understanding of quality management systems, processes and procedures;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and a record of working safely;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel;
- Full UK driving licence.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.