2nd Line Support Engineer - Leeds - Upto £30,000
Fantastic benefits, career progression including external training and development.
This position is based on the outskirts of Leeds on the A64 near Tadcaster
You will be involved in a variety of duties including;
- Providing 2nd line technical support for hardware and software issues.
- Ensure all calls are logged into the helpdesk system and progress notes are added to all calls.
- Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
- Proactively managing problem calls through to completion in a timely basis.
- Proactively working to improve internal processes.
- Pro-actively identifying potential problems and issues on customer sites and investigating if those problems could occur at other sites.
- Identification of potential opportunities to replace or implement new solutions or equipment at customer sites
- Ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Sharing your technical knowledge and assisting your colleagues with issue resolution.
- Research and development for internal system improvements.
- Liaising directly with the company directors about new technologies and market developments
- Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘Above and beyond’ for our customers.
- Providing ‘Out of Hours’ cover on a strict rota basis, as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a technical support environment
- A committed team player.
- Able to work to your own initiative.
- Work within a young talented dynamic team.
- A flexible work ethic, working with the business to find a suitable solution to our customer’s issues.
- Willingness to work out of normal hours to minimise customer disruption.
- Comfortable working with complex problems involving hardware and software.
- Comfortable dealing with customers over the phone and face to face on site when required.
Excellent knowledge of the following:
- Desktop PC’s and Operating systems (Windows XP / Windows 7)
- Networking and firewalls
- Server set up, configuration and support - in particular Small Business Server 2003/8 and server 2003/8, Exchange 2003/7/10 – Ideally Microsoft Qualified
- Very strong all round technical competence
- Anti-virus software management and rollout;
- Back up technology.
- Server Installation.
- Terminal server.
- IT Security.
- Data replication technologies.
Technical Customer Service, Computer-Network Security, Network and Server Administration
Up to £30k (dependent on experience)